The words "low-priced" and "insurance" really shouldn't be used together, specifically when you are searching for the cheapest car insurance for Uber drivers. In an attempt to save some money, let's start the ball rolling by going over some situations that have an impact on car insurance prices, and see if we can help you take the sting out of the next policy you buy.
The make and model of vehicle that is being insured is a large consideration when comparing the best cheap car insurance for Uber drivers. Vehicles with reasonable performance levels, excellent safety ratings, or a positive history of liability claims will cost much less to insure than adrenaline junky models.
The next table outlines coverage prices for a selection of the cheapest automobiles to buy coverage for.
|Insured Vehicle||Estimated Cost for Full Coverage|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$886|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$907|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,002|
|Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2-Dr||$1,049|
|Toyota Tacoma Double Cab TRD Off-Road Package 4WD||$1,073|
|Volkswagen Jetta S 2.5 Station Wagon||$1,085|
|Ford Explorer XLT 2WD||$1,087|
|Dodge Grand Caravan CV||$1,097|
|Chevrolet Impala LTZ||$1,109|
|Chevrolet Equinox LTZ AWD||$1,128|
|Chevrolet Malibu LTZ||$1,134|
|Ford Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,158|
|Honda Odyssey EX||$1,168|
|Ford Edge SE AWD||$1,158|
|Hyundai Sonata SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,183|
|Toyota RAV4 4WD||$1,185|
|Start a Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in garaging location in San Jose, CA which can modify premium rates considerably.
By looking at the data, we can tell that cars like the Ford Escape, Honda CR-V, Toyota Prius, Honda Accord, and Jeep Wrangler are going to be a few of the cheaper vehicles to insure for Uber vehicles.
For Uber vehicles, one of the big factors that help determine the price you pay for insurance is where your residence is. Cities with more crime and/or more people tend to pay slightly more, whereas areas with less crime or weather claims have the luxury of lower rates.
The following table ranks the most expensive places in California for Uber drivers to buy car insurance in. San Jose makes the list at #19 with an annual cost of $1,395 on average, which is around $116 each month.
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Rate quotes are estimated as the garaging address in San Jose can raise or lower insurance rates noticeably.
Discount San Jose car insurance
Insurance providers that offer coverage for Uber drivers may also offer special discounts that could potentially reduce rates by as much as 35% or more if you are eligible for them. A few of the larger companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- American Family has discounts for bundled insurance, air bags, defensive driver, Steer into Savings, and multi-vehicle.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, and youthful driver.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple autos, defensive driving training, good driver, anti-theft, driver's education, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Travelers includes discounts for home ownership, payment discounts, student away at school, continuous insurance, new car, hybrid/electric vehicle, and IntelliDrive.
- The Hartford may include discounts for anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, air bag, driver training, and bundle.
- GEICO has savings for seat belt use, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, good student, and military active duty.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online quote discount, online signing, good student, and continuous coverage.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows the average annual price with no discounts. The lower bar shows the rates with claim-free, defensive driving course, homeowner, multiple vehicle, anti-theft, and passive restraint discounts applied. When drivers qualify for the discounts, theaverage amount saved on auto insurance for Uber drivers is 28% or $599.
The chart below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles can affect annual premium costs when researching cheap insurance for Uber drivers. The costs are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
The chart above illustrates that a 40-year-old driver could pocket $300 a year by changing from a $100 deductible to a $500 deductible, or save $456 by switching to a $1,000 deductible. Even younger insureds, such as the 20-year-old example, can save $750 or even more by using a higher deductible. If you do decide to increase your deductibles, it will be required to have plenty of discretionary funds to allow you to pay the extra out-of-pocket expense, which is the one disadvantage of using larger deductibles.
How to find economical car insurance for Uber drivers
The list below summarizes many penny-pinching suggestions that can help drivers find cheaper coverage.
- Raise deductibles to save money
- Higher credit ratings may save you money
- Serious violations like DUI or reckless driving can increase rates dramatically
- Accidents can significantly increase rates
- Buy a vehicle with excellent safety ratings
- Compare rate quotes often
The final tip is especially crucial, as we emphasized in this piece. Rates in San Jose change a lot, so don't be unwilling to buy a different policy if a better rate can be found.
Brand loyalty is not necessarily bad, but is isn't recommended if that loyalty ends up costing a lot of money. Take a few minutes and compare rates to find cheaper insurance for Uber drivers.
The agents listed below can help you determine which auto insurance policy fits you best, since some drivers wish to have a consultation when shopping around for cheaper insurance for Uber vehicles. It can be hard to do it yourself, and getting advice from a licensed agent can give you peace of mind knowing your coverage gives you adequate coverage when you need it most.
To locate an agency near you, click the button below the list.
- Cya Insurance Agency From Sn
1271 Story Rd #50 - San Jose, CA 95122 - (408) 971-4172
- Reed Sparks - State Farm Insurance Agent
3119 Alum Rock Ave - San Jose, CA 95127 - (408) 923-2055
- Thachvu Ho - State Farm Insurance Agent
1025 Lincoln Ave - San Jose, CA 95125 - (408) 267-4100
- Mission Counties Insurance Agency
1777 Hamilton Ave - San Jose, CA 95125 - (408) 979-8160
- All Solutions Insurance - San Jose
574 Blossom Hill Rd - San Jose, CA 95123 - (408) 225-4300