The recommended way to find affordable auto insurance rates in San Jose is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurers who provide car insurance in California. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
First, try to understand what is in your policy and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as traffic citations and a not-so-good credit rating can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple sources. Compare rates now
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to determine if you can save on Accord Crosstour insurance in San Jose. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A crucial key to this process is to make sure you enter similar coverage information on every quote request and and to get prices from all possible companies. This enables a fair rate comparison and the best rate selection.
It's easy to assume that car insurance companies don't want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Drivers who compare rates once a year are very likely to switch insurance companies because there is a great chance of finding better rates. A recent study showed that consumers who compared prices regularly saved over $860 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the lowest rates on insurance in San Jose is your ultimate target, then understanding how to shop for cheaper coverage can help make the process easier.
Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in San Jose can initially seem challenging. If you are paying for car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to shop for the lowest rates using the ideas presented in this article. You just need to know the most effective way to shop from multiple carriers.
Cheap San Jose Honda Accord Crosstour insurance price quotes
Lowering your insurance rates is actually quite simple. Just take a few minutes to compare rate quotes online from several insurance companies.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it makes it a waste of time to go to different agent offices. Quoting and buying Honda Accord Crosstour insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless your situation requires the extra assistance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. Some companies do allow you to compare online quotes but buy the policy through an agent.
The providers in the list below provide price comparisons in San Jose, CA. If several companies are displayed, it's a good idea that you visit several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Premium rates and analysis
The premium table displayed below highlights estimates of policy rates for Honda Accord Crosstour models. Having insight into how rate quotes are established can help you make smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Accord Crosstour EX 2WD||$270||$454||$564||$34||$168||$1,490||$124|
|Accord Crosstour EX-L 2WD||$270||$454||$564||$34||$168||$1,490||$124|
|Accord Crosstour EX-L 4WD||$304||$536||$564||$34||$168||$1,606||$134|
|Accord Crosstour EX-L Navigation 2WD||$304||$536||$564||$34||$168||$1,606||$134|
|Accord Crosstour EX-L Navigation 4WD||$304||$536||$564||$34||$168||$1,606||$134|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in specific zip code location which can affect premium rates considerably.
The example below illustrates how your deductible choice and can change Honda Accord Crosstour insurance rates for each different age category. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
How accidents and tickets impact rates in San Jose
The illustration below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault fender-benders can influence Honda Accord Crosstour insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The costs are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Cost of full coverage in San Jose
The diagram below shows the comparison of Honda Accord Crosstour insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The information is based on no claims or driving citations, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no written rule of when to stop paying for full coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let's pretend your Honda Accord Crosstour replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $8,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premium cost is more than $800 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Here's why auto insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Accord Crosstour, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Honda at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in California is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so it's very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
How do Insurance Companies Determine Honda Accord Crosstour Insurance Prices?
Many different elements are considered when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are less obvious like where you live and annual miles driven. Part of the car insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that go into determining the rates you pay for car insurance. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that may result in lower premium levels.
- Costs impacted by vehicle usage - The higher the miles on your Honda each year the more it will cost to insure it. Most insurance companies calculate rates based on their usage. Vehicles that have low annual miles qualify for better rates than those that get driven frequently. Having the wrong rating on your Accord Crosstour can cost quite a bit. Double check that your vehicle rating reflects the correct usage for each vehicle.
- Low physical damage deductibles mean high prices - Insurance for physical damage to your car, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Examples of some claims that would be covered are colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, and burglary. The deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. The more you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less money you will pay for car insurance.
- Vehicles with better crash test results save money - Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and better occupant protection means your insurance company pays less passed on to you as lower rates.
- Small claims can cost you - If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in California award lower rates to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Lower premiums with alarms and GPS tracking - Owning a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help prevent your car from being stolen.
- Cheaper car insurance rates for prior coverage - Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a guaranteed way to pay more for car insurance. In addition to paying higher premiums, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you a revoked license or a big fine. You may then have to file a SR-22 with the California DMV.
Your gender affects costs - The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. It does not mean females are better drivers. Women and men get in fender benders at a similar rate, but the male of the species have accidents that have higher claims. Men also have more aggressive citations such as DWI and reckless driving.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Honda Accord Crosstour insurance prices for male and female drivers. The information is based on no claims or driving citations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Insurance loss probability for a Honda Accord Crosstour - Car insurance companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle as a tool for profitable underwriting. Models that historically have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher rates.
The table below shows the loss history for Honda Accord Crosstour vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is represented as 100. Percentages below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values over 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Honda Accord Crosstour Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda Accord Crosstour 4dr 2WD 85 97 83 122 113 94 Honda Accord Crosstour 4dr 4WD 99 102 94 120 93BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cover all your bases
We just covered many ideas to find cheap Honda Accord Crosstour insurance in San Jose. The key thing to remember is the more you quote San Jose car insurance, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Honda Accord Crosstour rate quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest prices are with an unexpected company. These companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
The cheapest Honda Accord Crosstour insurance in San Jose can be found both online in addition to many San Jose insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agents.
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much is San Jose Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are San Jose Car Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)