If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find cheaper prices for Chevy Camaro insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers who sell auto insurance in San Jose. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- Try to comprehend what is in your policy and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as inattentive driving and a negative credit history can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Keep reading for additional ideas to get cheaper coverage and find missing discounts.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in San Jose. If you find a lower rate, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new insurer. Once the paperwork is finalized, store the proof of insurance certificate in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to remember is to try to use similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to compare every insurance company. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and maximum price selection.
Unfortunately, the vast majority of drivers have bought insurance from the same company for well over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. With the average insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could save as much as $860 a year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t understand the rate savings if they switched.
Companies offering Chevy Camaro insurance in California
The providers in the list below can provide free quotes in San Jose, CA. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Rates and information analytics
The price information below outlines different insurance prices for Chevy Camaro models. Having a better idea how auto insurance policy rates are determined can assist in making decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in specific location information which can revise coverage prices considerably.
Reckless driving habits raise San Jose car insurance rates
The example below shows how traffic citations and at-fault accidents raise Chevy Camaro auto insurance rates for different categories of driver ages. The prices are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Chevrolet Camaro insurance costs by age and gender
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Chevy Camaro insurance prices for male and female drivers. Data assumes no claims or violations, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Get cheaper Chevy Camaro insurance in San Jose with discounts
Some insurance providers don’t list the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the next list breaks down both well-publicized as well as the least known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy San Jose car insurance online.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Multi-line Discount – Some insurance companies give a lower premium rate if you buy some life insurance too.
- Good Driver Discounts – Drivers who don’t get into accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accidents.
- College Student – Any of your kids living away from San Jose attending college and don’t have a car could get you a discount.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a class that teaches safe driver techniques can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies permit an accident before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
One thing to note about discounts is that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
The chart below compares Chevy Camaro annual premium costs with and without discounts applied. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no claims or violations, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, multi-car, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
The best insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers discounts including multiple autos, good student, passive restraint, anti-theft, and multiple policy.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driving, accident-free, easy pay, business or organization, multi-policy, anti-theft, and good student.
- GEICO may offer discounts for defensive driver, daytime running lights, driver training, federal employee, multi-policy, and anti-lock brakes.
- AAA has discounts for good student, good driver, AAA membership discount, multi-car, and pay-in-full.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include teen driver, early bird, driver training, automatic seat belts, anti-lock brakes, and good student.
- The Hartford offers discounts for vehicle fuel type, driver training, bundle, defensive driver, good student, and air bag.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders in your state. If you would like to view insurers with significant discounts in California, click here.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When buying insurance from an agent or online, there is no one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. For example, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Is my trailer covered?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Local San Jose insurance agencies
A lot of people still like to sit down with an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Most agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find lower premium rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in San Jose that can provide free San Jose car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. If you wish to compare prices from a specific company, just jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on a company shouldn’t rely on just the price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in San Jose?
Listed below is a list of car insurance companies in San Jose that can give you rate quotes for Chevy Camaro insurance in San Jose.
- Allstate Insurance: David Tofig
6116 Camino Verde Dr Ste 9 – San Jose, CA 95119 – (408) 281-9190 – View Map
- Gary Sanchez – State Farm Insurance Agent
2053 Lincoln Ave a – San Jose, CA 95125 – (408) 269-5001 – View Map
- Rolando Suarez – State Farm Insurance Agent
696 E Santa Clara St #110 – San Jose, CA 95112 – (408) 642-1399 – View Map
- Jim Fiorentino – State Farm Insurance Agent
3150 Almaden Expy #204 – San Jose, CA 95118 – (408) 267-3276 – View Map
If you feel you receive satisfactory answers to any questions you have as well as offering an affordable quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurer that is reliable enough to insure your vehicles. Keep in mind once you purchase a policy you can terminate coverage when you choose so don’t feel that you are obligated to a specific company for a certain time period.
We’ve covered some good ideas how to shop for Chevy Camaro insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting affordable San Jose car insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on insurance is with a small mutual company. Smaller companies often have lower rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
When shopping online for insurance, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, an insured cut physical damage coverage only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The aim is to buy enough coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Additional detailed information is available in the articles below:
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Good Students in San Jose? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Business Use in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Honda Accord in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)