Locating cheaper insurance for a new or used Buick Regal in California can turn out to be difficult, but you can use the following methods to save time. There is a better way to find car insurance online so you're going to learn the absolute fastest way to quote coverages on a Buick and locate the lowest possible price from San Jose insurance agents and online providers.
Low Cost companies for Buick Regal insurance in California
The following companies offer price quotes in California. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get the most competitive price.
Buick Regal insurance discounts in San Jose
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there may be some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of purchase, but some must be asked for before being credited.
- Early Switch Discount - Some larger companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current Regal insurance policy expiring. It could save around 10% when you buy San Jose car insurance online.
- Good Student Discount - A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Telematics Devices - Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to look at driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system might see lower rates as long as the data is positive.
- Multi-line Discount - Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Active Military Service - Being on active deployment in the military can result in better rates.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems have a lower chance of being stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your San Jose car insurance quote.
- E-sign Discounts - A few larger online companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
A quick disclaimer, some credits don't apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won't be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will lower your premiums.
Large auto insurance companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for multi-policy, federal employee, emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including teen safe driver, homeowner, anti-theft, drive less, and safe driver.
- State Farm may offer discounts for accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, safe vehicle, multiple policy, and student away at school.
- MetLife includes discounts for good driver, accident-free, multi-policy, claim-free, defensive driver, good student
- 21st Century offers discounts including good student, anti-lock brakes, driver training, 55 and older, teen driver, and theft prevention.
- Progressive offers discounts for online signing, homeowner, good student, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company which discounts they offer. A few discounts might not be offered in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers with discount auto insurance rates in San Jose, follow this link.
Lower Insurance Rates with These Tips
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing the different types of things that help determine your policy premiums. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower premium levels. Lots of factors are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, although others are not quite as obvious like where you live or your financial responsibility.
Occupation stress can affect premiums - Do you work in a high-stress field? Occupations like real estate brokers, business owners, and financial analysts are shown to have higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to intense work requirements and lots of time spent at work. Other professions such as scientists, historians and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
Rates increase with policy add-ons - There are quite a few add-on coverages you can purchase on your Regal policy. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, high-cost glass coverage, and membership fees are probably not needed. These coverages may sound good when discussing your needs, but your needs may have changed so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Don't abuse policy claims - Insurance companies in California provide the best rates to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. If you frequently file small claims, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
Age of drivers impacts rates - Teen drivers in California are known to be easily distracted when driving with friends therefore insurance rates are much higher. Older insureds are proven to be safer behind the wheel, statistically cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets.
Being married equates to better rates - Getting married actually saves money compared to being single. It translates into being more responsible and it's statistically proven that being married results in fewer claims.
Insurance losses for a Buick Regal - Insurers analyze past claim statistics when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that are shown to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have higher rates.
The table below illustrates the collected loss data for Buick Regal vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, equals 100. Percentage numbers below 100 represent a good loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased probability of a larger loss.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Buick Regal 2WD||96||92||82||104||94||97|
|Buick Regal 4WD||113||87|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Buying from auto insurance agents
A small number of people prefer to talk to a local agent and that is OK! Good agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. A good thing about comparing car insurance online is the fact that you can find lower rates and also buy local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in San Jose who will give you bids for your business. There is no reason to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurance company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- How long has their agency been open in San Jose?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a reputable agency, there are two different types of agencies that you can select. Insurance agencies in San Jose are either independent or exclusive. Either can write car insurance policies, but it's a good idea to understand the difference between them since it can impact your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers frequently buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are San Jose exclusive insurance agents that can give you comparison quotes.
- Kathy Barber - State Farm Insurance Agent
5615 Cottle Rd - San Jose, CA 95123 - (408) 365-7268 - View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
2195 Monterey Rd #20 - San Jose, CA 95125 - (408) 286-4342 - View Map
- Dick Alesch - State Farm Insurance Agent
164 N Bascom Ave a - San Jose, CA 95128 - (408) 918-0877 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies do not work for one specific company so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If prices rise, they simply switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
When shopping rates, you need to include a couple of independent agencies to get the best comparison. Most have the option of insuring with less well-known companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in San Jose who can help you get price quotes.
- Lords Insurance Agency Inc
2239 Moorpark Ave #100 - San Jose, CA 95128 - (408) 289-5445 - View Map
- Cya Insurance Agency From Sn
1271 Story Rd #50 - San Jose, CA 95122 - (408) 971-4172 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Nathan Douglas Gleason Agency
1625 The Alameda Ste 402 - San Jose, CA 95126 - (408) 656-0034 - View Map
Smart shoppers get results
Affordable Buick Regal insurance in San Jose is attainable from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not have price quotes online and many times these small, regional companies work with independent agencies.
When you buy San Jose car insurance online, make sure you don't buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, someone dropped full coverage only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
We've covered a lot of information how to save on Buick Regal insurance in San Jose. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding cheaper San Jose car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
Steps to buying affordable Buick Regal insurance in San Jose
The preferred way to find cheaper auto insurance rates is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers in San Jose. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many rating factors that cause high rates like traffic violations and an imperfect credit history can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on Regal insurance in San Jose. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Step 4: Notify your current company to cancel your current policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for the new coverage. As soon as you receive it, put the new certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location.
One bit of advice is to compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to analyze as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Much more information about auto insurance in California can be found at the links below
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- How Much is San Jose Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Female in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)