It’s well known that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. People who perform rate comparisons are very likely to buy a different policy because they have good chances of finding better rates. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who regularly compared rates saved $3,400 over four years compared to policyholders who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the lowest price for Buick Lucerne insurance is why you’re reading this, knowing how to compare insurance premiums can help you succeed in saving money.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get affordable Buick Lucerne insurance in San Jose is to compare quotes once a year from companies in California.
- Take a few minutes and learn about how car insurance works and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many things that cause rate increases like careless driving and poor credit history can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Later in this article we will cover the details to lower rates and earn a bigger discount.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes from many different companies. Select a company
- Compare the new rates to your current policy to determine if you can save on Lucerne insurance in San Jose. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application for your new coverage. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep your new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One tip to remember is to compare identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get price quotes from every company you can. This helps ensure a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
Buying affordable auto insurance in San Jose can really be easy if you know what you’re doing. If you are insured now, you should be able to lower your rates using these methods. Comparison shoppers just have to use the most effective way to compare rate quotes on the web.
Lowering your insurance rates is pretty simple and can save money. All you need to do is take time getting comparison quotes online from several insurance companies.
It’s so easy to compare rates online that it makes it obsolete to spend time driving to insurance agents’ offices. The fact that you can get quotes online eliminates this option unless you require the trained advice of a local agency. It is possible to comparison shop your insurance online but still have the advice of a local agent.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide price quotes in San Jose, CA. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Companies offer many discounts on Buick Lucerne insurance in San Jose
Car insurance companies don’t always list their entire list of discounts very well, so the below list has both the well known as well as some of the hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- No Claim Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on San Jose auto insurance quote compared to bad drivers.
- Membership in Organizations – Belonging to qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break on auto insurance.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Federal government employees can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your company.
- Good Student Discount – Maintaining excellent grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents could pay up to 40% less than less cautious drivers.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies give discounts for switching to them early. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Active Military Service – Having an actively deployed family member may lower your rates slightly.
One last thing about discounts, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Buick Lucerne yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. Data assumes a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-car, and claim-free discounts applied.
To find providers that offer some of these discounts in California, click here.
Insurance statistics and figures
The price information shown next covers a range of insurance prices for Buick Lucerne models. Learning more about how rate quotes are determined is important for drivers to make smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Lucerne CXL Special Edition||$420||$1072||$534||$32||$160||$2,218||$185|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in specific location which can change coverage rates substantially.
The information below illustrates how your deductible choice and can increase or decrease Buick Lucerne insurance costs for different insured age categories. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Driving violations and accidents
The diagram below illustrates how violations and fender-benders can influence Buick Lucerne yearly insurance costs for each age group. The prices are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Full coverage versus liability-only
The information below shows the difference between Buick Lucerne annual premium costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The information is based on no violations or claims, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no clear-cut formula to drop full coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of full coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Buick Lucerne book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $5,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying over $500 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some situations where eliminating full coverage is not advised. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not opt for liability only.
Are auto insurance agents of importance?
Some people just want to sit down and talk to an agent and that is just fine! Insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the best rates and also buy local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in San Jose that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go to you. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, feel free to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Picking an insurance company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Are they full-time agents?
Listed below is a list of car insurance companies in San Jose that may be willing to give comparison quotes for Buick Lucerne insurance in San Jose.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in San Jose?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Five Tips to Get Cheaper San Jose Insurance Premiums
Many factors are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are less obvious like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating. When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand the rating factors that aid in calculating auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in lower auto insurance prices.
- Does your job raise your prices? – Occupations like lawyers, police officers, and emergency personnel tend to have higher premium rates because of stressful work requirements and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, professions such as farmers, athletes and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
Is your car built for speed? – The type of car you own makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. Smaller low performance passenger vehicles generally receive the lowest base rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The next chart uses these variables: single female driver age 30, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Buick Lucerne rates compared to other models of vehicles that have a range of performances.
Mature drivers are lower risk – More experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and usually have better credit. Teenage drivers have been known to be careless and easily distracted when driving therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
The next chart is based on a single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Women tend to take less risk – Over the last 30 years, statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn’t mean females are better at driving than males. Males and females are responsible for at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but men have costlier accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more costly citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Buick Lucerne premium costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
- Your liability limits – Your policy’s liability coverage will provide protection if you are ruled to be at fault for damages from an accident. This coverage provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though San Jose Lucerne insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle is required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Buick Lucerne with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will require that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Buick for a much higher rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It also can pay for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is wasting up to $869 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
The lowest rates come from being thorough
The cheapest Buick Lucerne insurance in San Jose can be found from both online companies and with local San Jose insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers do not provide rates over the internet and many times these smaller providers only sell coverage through local independent agents.
We’ve covered many ideas to reduce Buick Lucerne insurance car insurance rates online in San Jose. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Buick Lucerne insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies.
People who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as lack of trust in their agent, unfair underwriting practices, poor customer service or questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right insurance provider can be easy and end up saving you some money.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Sonata in San Jose? (FAQ)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)