It’s well known that auto insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Consumers who compare price quotes are likely to buy a new policy because there is a good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. Remarkably, a study showed that people who compared rates once a year saved an average of $865 a year as compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the best rates on auto insurance is your ultimate target, then having some insight into how to get free comparison quotes and analyze cheaper coverage can make it easier to find better rates.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find better pricing on auto insurance rates in San Jose is to annually compare prices from companies who sell insurance in California.
First, try to learn about how car insurance works and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many things that result in higher prices like traffic citations and an unacceptable credit history can be improved by paying attention to minor details.
Second, get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple companies. View insurance agents
Third, compare the new rates to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment and a completed application to your new insurance company. As soon as you receive it, keep your new proof of insurance certificate in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One piece of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to look at as many companies as you can. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide free rate quotes in California. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Lower-cost Audi SQ5 insurance rates in San Jose
Companies that sell car insurance do not list their entire list of discounts very well, so the following is a list of a few of the more well known and the more hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- No Accidents – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less in comparison to drivers with a long claim history.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house in San Jose may trigger a policy discount on insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but some insurance companies will let one accident slide before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Driver Safety – Completing a class that teaches safe driver techniques could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance carriers reward you with a lower rate if you buy a life policy as well.
One thing to note about discounts is that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- State Farm has savings for multiple autos, passive restraint, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, good student, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO discounts include daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, federal employee, and anti-theft.
- Allstate includes discounts for safe driver, EZ pay plan discount, eSmart discount, premier discount, and passive restraint.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including safe driver, anti-theft, homeowner, multi-car, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, and drive less.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for good student, youthful driver, driver training, 55 and retired, multi-policy, and renewal discount.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, homeowner, and online signing.
- AAA may offer discounts for good student, anti-theft, education and occupation, good driver, and pay-in-full.
Before buying, ask all the companies the best way to save money. Some credits might not be offered in San Jose. To see a list of providers with significant discounts in California, click this link.
Insurance Price Influencing Factors
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand some of the elements that are used to determine your car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with cheaper rates.
- Having a spouse can save you money – Your spouse may cut your premiums on your car insurance bill. It usually means you are more stable financially and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Drive less and pay lower prices – Driving a lot of miles in a year the more you’ll pay to insure it. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars based upon how much you drive. Vehicles that have low annual miles cost less to insure than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Incorrect rating for your SQ5 is throwing money out the window. Ask your agent if your car insurance coverage properly reflects the correct usage for each vehicle.
- Car insurance rates and age – Older insureds are proven to be safer behind the wheel, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers. Teenage drivers are statistically proven to be inattentive and easily distracted with other occupants in the car therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- Car features can affect premiums – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Anti-theft features like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help prevent car theft.
- Don’t cancel your car insurance without a new one in place – Having a gap between insurance policy dates can be a quick way to pay more for car insurance. In addition to paying higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance will get you a license revocation or jail time.
- Increase comp and collision deductibles and save – Physical damage deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Insurance for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. A few examples of covered claims could be collision with another vehicle, animal collisions, and having a roll-over accident. The more expense you have to pay, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
Audi SQ5 insurance claim data – Insurers include the past claim history for a vehicle when they calculate premium rates for each model. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have higher rates for specific coverages. The table below illustrates the collected loss data for Audi SQ5 vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles as a whole is considered to be 100. Percentages below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater show a trend for more claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Audi SQ5 Insurance Loss Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi SQ5 4dr 4WD 188 94 162BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years