It's amazing but nearly 70% of customers kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. The average driver in California could save an average of roughly 35% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they underestimate the benefits if they replace their high priced policy.
If you want to save money, the best way to find cheaper Audi Allroad insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies in San Jose. You can shop around by following these steps.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Keep reading for instructions to help find cheaper rates and earn a bigger discount.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit payment and a completed application to your new carrier. As soon as you receive it, place your new certificate of insurance in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you enter the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to compare as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
Buying affordable insurance in San Jose is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. If you're already insured, you will most likely be able to find the best rates using the following tips. Nevertheless, California drivers need to learn how companies determine premium rates and take advantage of how the system works.
The best way to compare insurance rates in your area is to realize most insurance companies allow for online access to quote your coverage. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide details including the type of vehicles you drive, types of safety features, your general credit rating, and distance driven. The rating information is submitted instantly to insurance carriers in your area and you get price estimates with very little delay.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and enter your zip code.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in California. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance is not optional but you don't have to overpay
Despite the high insurance cost for a Audi Allroad in San Jose, paying for insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
First, most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your Audi Allroad, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Audi for a much higher rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Audi gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. As of last year, the average driver in California is overpaying over $830 a year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Eight Things That Impact Your Insurance Rates
Lots of things are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, but other factors are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your vehicle rating. Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that help calculate your policy premiums. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to better auto insurance rates.
- Credit rating impacts rates - A driver's credit score can be an important factor in calculating your premium rate. Insureds that have very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers who have bad credit. If your credit rating could use some work, you could save money insuring your Audi Allroad by taking the time to improve your credit score.
- Marriage equates to better rates - Walking down the aisle actually saves money when buying auto insurance. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are less irresponsible and it's proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Performance impacts rates - The type of car or truck you are buying insurance for makes a big difference in your rates. Smaller low performance passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- More people means more accidents - Having an address in less populated areas of the country has it's advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer drivers and short commutes means fewer accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. People who live in big cities have to deal with traffic congestion and a longer drive to work. Higher commute times can result in more accidents.
- How many miles do you drive? - Driving more miles in a year's time the more you will pay for auto insurance. A lot of insurance companies calculate rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use cost less to insure compared to those used for work or business. Having the wrong rating on your Allroad is just wasting money. Make sure your auto insurance policy properly reflects the right rating data, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Comp and collision deductibles are a factor - The deductibles state the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. Physical damage coverage, aka comp and collision, protects your car from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be colliding with a stationary object, collision with a deer, or theft of your vehicle. The more damage repair cost you're willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Premiums are lower the older you get - Youthful drivers in California are proven to be inattentive with other occupants in the car and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher. Having to add a inexperienced driver to your policy can really hurt. Older, more experienced drivers are shown to be more cautious, statistically cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets.
- Women tend to take less risk - Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. That doesn't necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both genders get in at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but males tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically get ticketed for serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers have the highest risk to insure so it costs more to insure them.
Save money with these discounts
Some insurance providers don't always advertise all their discounts very clearly, so the following list contains some of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Discount for New Cars - Buying a new car instead of a used Allroad can save up to 30% since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Simply owning a home can earn you a little savings because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Driver Education Discount - Teen drivers should complete a driver education course if it's offered in school.
- Club Memberships - Having an affiliation with a professional or civic organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your next insurance statement.
- Telematics Data Discounts - San Jose drivers who agree to allow their company to track their driving habits remotely such as State Farm's In-Drive might see lower rates as long as the data is positive.
- E-sign Discounts - A few companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- Auto/Home Discount - When you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company they may give you a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Employee of Federal Government - Simply working for the federal government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with a few insurance companies.
- Good Driver Discounts - Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more than less cautious drivers.
- Active Military Service - Having a family member in the military could mean lower premium rates.
You can save money using discounts, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won't be that lucky.
Companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, continuous coverage, and good student.
- AAA offers premium reductions for multi-car, education and occupation, multi-policy, pay-in-full, good student, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include switch companies, teen driver, alternative fuel, bundle discounts, mature driver, and homeowner.
- GEICO has discounts for multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, good student, multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, and seat belt use.
- Esurance includes discounts for Pac-12 alumni, anti-theft, emergency road assistance, homeowner, and paid-in-full.
- SAFECO may include discounts for anti-theft, multi-car, accident prevention training, drive less, bundle discounts, homeowner, and safe driver.
- State Farm offers discounts including defensive driving training, safe vehicle, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, and good student.
When quoting, ask each company to apply every possible discount. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in San Jose. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies who offer online Audi Allroad insurance quotes in San Jose, follow this link.
When to talk to an insurance agent
Some people still like to get advice from a local agent and that can be a great decision A good thing about getting online price quotes is you can get the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your information is submitted to insurance agents in San Jose that give free quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. It's the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If you have a need to get a price quote from a particular provider, you would need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Selecting an provider should include more criteria than just a low price. These questions are important to ask:
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
Choose the right auto insurance agent
When looking for local San Jose agents, there are a couple of types of agencies from which to choose. Insurance agencies in San Jose can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel normally can only provide a single company's rates and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so it's a take it or leave it situation. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company's products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in San Jose who may provide you with comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are appointed with more than one company and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage without you having to go to a different agency. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, it's recommended you include several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in San Jose that are able to give price quotes.
San Jose Insurance
2542 S Bascom Ave - Campbell, CA 95008 - (408) 371-3700 - View Map
If you receive satisfactory answers to your questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that meets the criteria to properly insure your vehicles.
Find affordable rates by comparing often
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to compare Audi Allroad insurance auto insurance rates in San Jose. It's most important to understand that the more you quote San Jose car insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies. These companies can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
As you shop your coverage around, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Cost effective Audi Allroad insurance can be bought on the web and with local San Jose insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not have rates over the internet and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
Even more information can be read in these articles:
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Unemployed Drivers in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Ford Fusion in San Jose? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota 4Runner in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for State Employees in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Police Officers in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Welfare Recipients in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teenage Males in San Jose? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)