Inconceivable but true, over 70% of drivers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and about 40% of consumers have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. California drivers can cut their rates by $470 a year by just comparing quotes, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to save money by comparing rate quotes.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find lower priced car insurance rates in San Jose is to regularly compare quotes from insurers in California.
Step 1: Try to learn about how companies set rates and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that result in higher rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a poor credit rating can be amended by paying attention to minor details. This article provides more information to help reduce prices and find additional discounts.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate in San Jose. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment and signed policy application for the new policy. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep your new certificate verifying coverage somewhere easily accessible.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to compare similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will definitely be able to reduce premiums using the concepts you’re about to learn. Shopping around for cheaper insurance in San Jose is actually quite simple. Nevertheless, California vehicle owners do need to know how big insurance companies charge you for coverage and use it to find better rates.
The method we recommend to compare rate quotes for Audi A7 insurance in San Jose is to take advantage of the fact most larger insurance companies allow for online access to provide you with a free rate quote. The only thing you need to do is give them some information including daily mileage, your credit rating estimate, if you went to college, and how much coverage you want. That rating information is then submitted to multiple companies and you get price estimates quickly.
To start a quote now, click here and enter the information requested.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in California. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Lower-cost Audi A7 insurance in San Jose
Some insurance providers don’t always advertise every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you don’t get every credit available, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- No Accidents – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims are rewarded with significantly better rates on San Jose car insurance quote when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount since owning and maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving less could be rewarded with discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Early Signing – Some companies provide a discount for signing up prior to your current A7 insurance policy expiring. It could save around 10% when you buy San Jose car insurance online.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may receive a discount up to 10%.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Participating in a class that teaches defensive driver techniques could earn you a small percentage discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids who live away from home at college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may qualify for this discount.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will cut your policy premium.
The best insurance companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include student away at school, anti-theft, driver’s education, good student, defensive driving training, and good driver.
- GEICO includes discounts for anti-lock brakes, military active duty, anti-theft, driver training, daytime running lights, air bags, and membership and employees.
- Allstate discounts include resident student, auto/life discount, senior citizen, early signing, economy car, and utility vehicle.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for teen safe driver, anti-theft, accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, multi-car, and safe driver.
- Farm Bureau has savings for driver training, good student, multi-policy, renewal discount, multi-vehicle, safe driver, and 55 and retired.
- Progressive has discounts for continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, multi-policy, and good student.
- AAA offers discounts for good driver, good student, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, and multi-car.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all the companies to give you their best rates. A few discounts might not be offered in your state. To find providers with the best Audi A7 insurance discounts in San Jose, click this link.
Car insurance in California serves several purposes
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in San Jose, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a lienholder, most banks will require that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Audi for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher premium.
Third, car insurance preserves not only your car but also your assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $830 a year so compare rate quotes each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Do I need special coverages?
When quoting and comparing the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. You are unique so your insurance should reflect that
These are some specific questions might point out whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Audi A7 to commute?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Local agents and insurance
Many drivers would rather get advice from a local agent and we recommend doing that The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this short form, the coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in San Jose that provide free San Jose car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to leave your computer because prices are sent immediately to you. You can find lower rates AND a local agent. If you want to compare rates from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right company should include more criteria than just the quoted price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- How long has the business existed?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Is the agent properly licensed in California?
If you need to find local San Jose agents, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. San Jose agents are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
These agents write business for a single company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some consumers prefer to buy from exclusive agents primarily because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below are exclusive agents in San Jose who may provide you with price quotes.
- Jim Edington – State Farm Insurance Agent
361 Piercy Rd – San Jose, CA 95138 – (408) 225-2463 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Jose Manabat
1620 Oakland Rd #D107 – San Jose, CA 95131 – (408) 437-5456 – View Map
- Joe Fiorentino – State Farm Insurance Agent
1153 Redmond Ave Ste C – San Jose, CA 95120 – (408) 927-7526 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are not locked into one company so they can write business through many different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply move the coverage in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you absolutely need to get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with small regional insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below are San Jose independent agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Cya Insurance Agency From Sn
1271 Story Rd #50 – San Jose, CA 95122 – (408) 971-4172 – View Map
- All Spectrum Insurance Brokers
4010 Moorpark Ave #117 – San Jose, CA 95117 – (408) 604-0092 – View Map
- Gatewood Insurance Agency Inc
1095 Bird Ave #2 – San Jose, CA 95125 – (408) 298-1611 – View Map