The best way to get affordable car insurance rates in San Jose is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers who sell insurance in California.
- Step 1: Read and learn about how auto insurance works and the modifications you can make to lower rates. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Keep reading for the details to get cheaper coverage and earn a bigger discount.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new company. As soon as coverage is bound, store the certificate of insurance with the vehicle registration.
An important note is to try to compare identical coverages on each quote request and and to get quotes from every company you can. This helps ensure a level playing field and maximum price selection.
Unbelievable but true according to a study the vast majority of auto insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never shopped around. The average driver in San Jose could save 35% every year, but they underestimate the amount of money they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Companies offering Audi A4 insurance in California
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Rates and information analytics
The rate table shown next highlights a range of insurance coverage prices for Audi A4 models. Learning more about how auto insurance premiums are determined can assist in making decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo Station Wagon||$476||$1146||$596||$36||$178||$2,432||$203|
|A4 2.0T Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$476||$996||$596||$36||$178||$2,282||$190|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$476||$996||$596||$36||$178||$2,282||$190|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo Station Wagon||$476||$1146||$596||$36||$178||$2,432||$203|
|A4 2.0T Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$530||$1146||$596||$36||$178||$2,486||$207|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$530||$1146||$596||$36||$178||$2,486||$207|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$530||$1146||$596||$36||$178||$2,486||$207|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo Station Wagon||$530||$1146||$596||$36||$178||$2,486||$207|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige 4-Dr Sedan||$530||$1146||$596||$36||$178||$2,486||$207|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$530||$1146||$596||$36||$178||$2,486||$207|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in specific location which can decrease or increase prices substantially.
Careless driving habits raise car insurance rates
The information below demonstrates how speeding tickets and accidents can impact Audi A4 premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The data is based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Get cheaper Audi A4 insurance rates in San Jose
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about before being credited.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save as much as half off their rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver participate in a local driver’s education class if it’s offered in school.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- E-sign – A few insurance companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application on the internet.
- Organization Discounts – Having an affiliation with certain professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on auto insurance.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you could save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who are attending college and don’t have a car could get you a discount.
- Government Employees – Active or former government employment can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, that’s just not realistic.
The chart below compares Audi A4 annual premium costs with and without policy discounts. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no violations or claims, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
If you would like to see a list of auto insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in San Jose, click here to view.
Informed Consumers Save Every Year
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you lower premium levels.
- Get better rates if married – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money on your policy. It is viewed as being more mature than a single person and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- High deductibles save money – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles state the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Insurance for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are colliding with a stationary object, damage from fire, and damage from wind. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Safer cars are cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety reduce the chance of injuries and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Premiums are affected by your credit rating – Your credit rating will be a significant factor in calculating your premium rate. Insureds that have high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with lower credit ratings. So if your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your Audi A4 by improving your credit score.
- Policy add-ons could be costing you – There are a lot of extra coverages you can purchase when buying car insurance. Coverage for things like rental car coverage, better glass coverage, and term life insurance could be just wasting money. They may sound like good ideas when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so remove them and pocket the money.
- Do thieves like your car? – Buying a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all aid in stopping car theft and help bring rates down.
Gender and insurance rates – Statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. It does not mean men are worse drivers. Men and women cause auto accidents at about the same rate, but males have costlier accidents. Men also tend to get ticketed for serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Male drivers age 16 to 19 have the highest risk to insure and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Audi A4 car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no violations or claims, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Expect high rates for teens – Drivers with little experience have a tendency to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher. More mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and receive fewer citations.
The following chart uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Audi A4 historical loss data – Insurers study historical loss data to help determine costs. Models that the statistics show to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have higher rates. The next table illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Audi A4 vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is set at 100. Percentages below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values over 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Audi A4 Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi A4 4dr 2WD 179 107 103 80 112 100 Audi A4 4dr 4WD 160 94 118 66 68 77 Audi A4 Allroad Station Wagon 4WD 145 84 110 47 47 70BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
What insurance coverages do I need?
When selecting the best car insurance coverage, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Will my Audi A4 be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Local San Jose car insurance agents and insurance
Some people still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent. And supporting local agents is important especially in San Jose.
Upon completion of this simple form, your coverage information is submitted to agents in your area that provide free San Jose auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to find an agent on your own because prices are sent directly to your email. You can find lower rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Multiple types of auto insurance agents in San Jose
When narrowing the list to find a reputable agency, you need to know there are two types of agencies from which to choose. San Jose agents are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that is an advantage because they can write policies with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. If your premiums go up, an independent agent can move your coverage without you having to go to a different agency. When comparison shopping, you will definitely want to get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in San Jose that can possibly get you rate quotes.
San Jose Insurance
2542 S Bascom Ave – Campbell, CA 95008 – (408) 371-3700 – View Map
Sergio Plascencia Insurance Agency
3136 Story Rd – San Jose, CA 95127 – (408) 254-8336 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in San Jose willing to provide price quotes.
Picking the best auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- What companies can they write with?
If you receive good feedback to these questions as well as a affordable price, it’s a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that can be trusted to service your policy.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
We just covered many ways to save on Audi A4 insurance in San Jose. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Audi A4 insurance quotes. You may even find the best rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. Regional companies may have significantly lower car insurance rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Budget-friendly insurance in San Jose is possible both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to shop San Jose auto insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not offer online quoting and many times these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
More detailed insurance information is available in the articles below:
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Unemployed Drivers in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Ford F-150 in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Good Students in San Jose? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)