A recent survey discovered that almost 70% of insureds have remained with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. Many drivers in San Jose could save themselves nearly 35% a year, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rates online.
The best way we recommend to quote cheaper Lincoln MKS insurance in San Jose is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers who sell auto insurance in California.
Step 1: Get an understanding of how auto insurance works and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that increase rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a not-so-good credit rating can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper MKS coverage is available in San Jose. If you find better rates, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment to your new carrier. Don’t forget to keep the new proof of insurance certificate in your glove compartment.
The most important part of shopping around is to use similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
Companies offering affordable Lincoln MKS prices in San Jose, CA
The following companies can provide free quotes in California. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Car insurance data for a Lincoln MKS
The data table shown below outlines estimates of insurance prices for Lincoln MKS models. Learning how rates are determined can help customers make informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKS AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$458||$1052||$488||$28||$146||$2,172||$181|
|MKS 4-Dr Sedan||$458||$1052||$488||$28||$146||$2,172||$181|
|MKS Ecoboost AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$506||$1190||$488||$28||$146||$2,358||$197|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in San Jose location which can lower or raise premium rates noticeably.
Impact of citations and accidents on San Jose insurance rates
The illustration below demonstrates how citations and at-fault collisions raise Lincoln MKS insurance rates for each age group. The costs are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Lincoln MKS insurance premiums by gender and age
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Lincoln MKS premium costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The illustration below shows the difference between Lincoln MKS premium costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The information is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no definitive rule for eliminating physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Lincoln MKS replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $7,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying in excess of $700 a year to have full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some conditions where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage.
Lower-cost San Jose car insurance quotes with discounts
Car insurance companies do not list the entire discount list very clearly, so the below list has a few of the more common and the more hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy San Jose car insurance online.
- Safe Driver Discount – Safe drivers could pay up to 40% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give a discounted car insurance rate on car insurance if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Paperwork-free – Some companies provide a small discount get San Jose car insurance on their website.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once instead of making monthly payments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used MKS can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could provide a small rate reduction with certain companies.
We need to note that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Lincoln MKS insurance premiums with and without some available policy discounts. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no violations or claims, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-car, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- State Farm includes discounts for student away at school, anti-theft, passive restraint, safe vehicle, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Esurance offers discounts including emergency road assistance, online shopper, homeowner, Pac-12 alumni, and defensive driver.
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, online signing, online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including newly married, teen driver discount, preferred payment discount, new graduate, and new move discount.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for company car, safe vehicle, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, mature driver, student away at school, and good student.
- GEICO has savings for anti-lock brakes, driver training, emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, anti-theft, and five-year accident-free.
If you need lower rates, check with every company to give you their best rates. Discounts might not be available to policyholders everywhere. To view providers that provide some of the discounts listed above in San Jose, follow this link.
Exclusive or independent car insurance agents
Some people still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a smart decision Most agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is you can get lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in San Jose that can provide free San Jose car insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. If for some reason you want to get a price quote for a specific company, you can always navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best insurer requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in San Jose?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
When finding a reputable agency, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Auto insurance policy providers are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both can write policy coverage, but it is a good idea to know why they differ because it may have an impact on the selection process.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in San Jose willing to provide comparison quotes.
These agents often have many company appointments so they can write business amongst many companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing auto insurance prices, you need to include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison.
Listed below are independent agents in San Jose that are able to give price quotes.
Cheaper car insurance premiums are out there
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced full coverage and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
We just presented some good ideas how you can find lower-cost Lincoln MKS insurance in San Jose. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Lower-priced car insurance in San Jose is possible both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not have rates over the internet and many times these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
Additional detailed information can be read in these articles:
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a School Permit in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Ford F-150 in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Immigrants in San Jose? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Good Drivers in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Toyota Highlander in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Jose Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)