The recommended way to find cheaper prices for car insurance rates in San Jose is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurers who can sell car insurance in California. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- First, spend some time learning about how insurance companies determine prices and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many things that cause high rates such as inattentive driving and a low credit rating can be controlled by paying attention to minor details. This article gives the details to keep prices down and find possible discounts that are available.
- Second, compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, tell your current agent or company of your intention to cancel the current policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to the new company. As soon as you receive it, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance with your registration paperwork.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to use identical coverages on each quote request and to quote with as many different companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
It's an obvious assumption that insurance companies don't want you shop around. Drivers who shop around for better prices are highly likely to buy a different policy because there are good odds of finding lower rate quotes. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who compared prices once a year saved on average $860 a year compared to drivers who didn't regularly shop around.
If saving the most money on auto insurance is your ultimate objective, then knowing the best way to compare car insurance can help you be more efficient.
If you already have coverage or are looking for a new policy, you can use these tips to shop for the lowest rates without reducing coverage. Locating the best rates in San Jose is really not that difficult. Drivers just have to learn the quickest way to buy car insurance over the internet.
Best companies for low-cost Hyundai Tucson insurance in California
The auto insurance companies shown below offer comparison quotes in San Jose, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Hyundai Tucson insurance rate analysis
The premium information shown below highlights estimates of policy rates for Hyundai Tucson models. Understanding how auto insurance prices are determined can be valuable when making smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tucson GLS 2WD||$324||$648||$534||$32||$160||$1,698||$142|
|Tucson GLS 4WD||$372||$648||$534||$32||$160||$1,746||$146|
|Tucson Limited 2WD||$372||$790||$534||$32||$160||$1,888||$157|
|Tucson Limited 4WD||$372||$790||$534||$32||$160||$1,888||$157|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in specific zip code location which can impact prices significantly.
The example below shows how choosing a deductible and can change Hyundai Tucson insurance prices for each age group. The rates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Full coverage or liability only
The diagram below shows the comparison of Hyundai Tucson insurance premiums with full coverage compared to only the California minimum liability coverage. The premiums assume no violations or claims, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no definitive rule that is best for determining when to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's say your Hyundai Tucson settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying in excess of $400 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some circumstances where eliminating full coverage is not recommended. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not drop full coverage.
Auto insurance discounts are available to get cheap rates
Companies don't list every discount they offer very well, so we break down a few of the more common and the harder-to-find credits available to you.
- Multiple Vehicles - Insuring multiple cars on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Memberships - Affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your bill.
- Switch and Save Discount - A few companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current Tucson insurance policy expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Maintaining low annual mileage could qualify for lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Auto/Life Discount - If the company offers life insurance, you could get a break if you buy life insurance from them.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Putting insurance on a new Tucson can save you some money compared to insuring an older model.
- Defensive Driving Course - Participating in a course teaching driver safety skills is a good idea and can lower rates and make you a better driver.
- No Charge for an Accident - This isn't a discount exactly, but companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO will forgive one accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
- College Student Discount - Older children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not take a car to college can receive lower rates.
- Save over 55 - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you could receive reduced rates.
It's important to note that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, that's just not realistic.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Hyundai Tucson auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the rates. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
Some companies that have these money-saving discounts include:
When getting free San Jose car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to each company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in your area. To locate companies that offer some of these discounts in San Jose, follow this link.
Shop online but buy locally
Some people would rather have an agent's advice and that is a smart decision Good insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help you file claims. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheap car insurance rates and still have a local agent.
Once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in San Jose who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to search for an agent since price quotes are sent immediately to you. If you have a need to compare rates from one company in particular, you would need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right provider requires more thought than just the premium amount. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Is there a local claims center in San Jose?
- Is the agency active in community causes in San Jose?
When finding a good insurance agency, it's important to understand the different types of agents from which to choose. San Jose agents can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either type can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it's a good idea to understand how they are different since it could factor into the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies work for only one company like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are well trained in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in San Jose that can give you rate quotes.
Independent agencies often have affiliation with several companies so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies and find you cheaper rates. If you want to switch companies, they can switch companies in-house and you don't have to find a new agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you will want to include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Listed below are San Jose independent agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
All Coverage Insurance Agency
3033 Moorpark Ave #27 - San Jose, CA 95128 - (408) 244-9100 - View Map
Sergio Plascencia Insurance Agency
3136 Story Rd - San Jose, CA 95127 - (408) 254-8336 - View Map
If you feel you receive good answers to any questions you have and an acceptable price quote, you may have found a car insurance agent that is reliable enough to insure your vehicles.
Persistence will pay off
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can get a better price on Hyundai Tucson insurance in San Jose. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the best premium rates are with a lesser-known regional company. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in San Jose can be purchased online in addition to many San Jose insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agencies.
Even more information is located at these sites:
- Self-driving cars won't replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable San Jose Auto Insurance Quotes for Postal Workers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 16 Year Olds in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Silverado in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Determining Your Vehicle's Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)