Has it been over a year since you last compared quotes for more affordable Chevy Cavalier insurance in San Jose? Finding cheaper insurance for a Chevy Cavalier in California can be an all-consuming task, but you can use our auto insurance buying tips to find lower rates.
There is a better way to find auto insurance online and we’ll show you the best way to quote coverages for your Chevy and obtain the cheapest rates from San Jose insurance agents and online providers.
It’s a great practice to quote other rates periodically since prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you found the best rate on Chevy Cavalier insurance in San Jose a few years ago you will most likely find a better premium rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to how to use online quotes to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Compare free San Jose Chevy Cavalier insurance quotes
All the larger auto insurance companies give pricing online. Getting Chevy Cavalier insurance prices online is quite easy as you just enter your personal and coverage information on the page. When the form is submitted, the system will order your credit score and driving record and gives you a price quote based on the data you entered.
This streamlines rate comparisons, and it is imperative to get many rate quotes in order to find the cheapest price possible.
To compare rates now, check out the auto insurance providers below. To compare your current rates, we recommend that you enter your coverages identical to your current policy. Doing this assures you’re receiving rate quotes for similar coverage.
The following companies provide quotes in California. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you click on several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Protect your Chevy vehicle and other assets
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy Cavalier insurance, buying insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it’s most likely the lender will require that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy for a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Chevy as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is wasting up to $865 each year so it’s important to compare rates every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
It’s important that you understand some of the factors that are used to determine your auto insurance rates. If you know what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in better auto insurance rates.
Lower performance equals lower insurance costs – The performance level of the car or truck you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. Lower cost passenger models receive the most favorable rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Cheaper premiums for prior coverage – Not having insurance is not a good idea and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. Not only will rates go up, being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in fines and jail time. Then you may be required to file a SR-22 with the California motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Deter theft and lower rates – Driving a car with an alarm system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention devices like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms help track and prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
Your occupation and auto insurance rates – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Jobs such as doctors, executives, and stock brokers are shown to have higher premium rates due to intense work situations and long work hours. On the other hand, occupations such as farmers, athletes and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
If you don’t need it don’t buy it – Insurance policies have a lot of extra add-on coverages that may not really be needed if you aren’t diligent. Coverage for things like personal injury protection, towing, and additional equipment coverage may be wasting your money. You may think they are a good idea when discussing your needs, but if you’ve never needed them in the past eliminate them to save money.
Lower premiums for cars with good safety ratings – Safe vehicles get lower rates. Highly rated vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can result in lower premiums. If your Chevy Cavalier scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov you may pay a lower rate.
Be proud to be claim-free – Insurance companies in California award discounts to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your insurance policy is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
Affordable San Jose insurance rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list their entire list of discounts very clearly, so here is a list both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to lower your premiums when you buy San Jose car insurance online.
- Sign Online – A few companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for signing up on their website.
- Air Bag Discount – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on San Jose car insurance quote compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Use Seat Belts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up could cut 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
Discounts lower rates, but some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
To choose insurers who offer cheap Chevy Cavalier insurance quotes in San Jose in San Jose, follow this link.
Buying from insurance agencies
Certain consumers still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Good insurance agents can help you build your policy and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheaper car insurance rates and still have a local agent. Supporting local agents is definitely important in San Jose.
By using this simple form, your information is emailed to companies in San Jose who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you. If you need to compare rates from a particular provider, you just need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
More effort can pay off
Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agencies. Budget-conscious Chevy Cavalier insurance is available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood San Jose agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to lower your Chevy Cavalier insurance car insurance rates in San Jose. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Chevrolet Cavalier insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest car insurance rates come from a smaller regional carrier.
Insureds leave their current company for a variety of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, delays in paying claims, being labeled a high risk driver or lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Steps to saving on Chevy Cavalier insurance in San Jose
The best way to find affordable Chevy Cavalier insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers that sell auto insurance in San Jose.
Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about how companies set rates and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple companies. View companies
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a completed application and payment to the new company. As soon as you receive it, put the new proof of insurance certificate in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good piece of advice is to make sure you enter the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and to quote with as many carriers as you can. This enables the most accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Police Officers in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Mazda CX-7 in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)