Are you researching more competitive insurance rates in San Jose, CA? San Jose buyers have lots of choices when searching for low-cost Acura ZDX insurance. They can either waste time calling around to compare prices or save time using the internet to find the lowest rates. There are both good and bad ways to shop for insurance so we’re going to tell you the proper way to compare rates for your Acura and locate the best price possible either online or from San Jose insurance agents.
It’s important to get comparison quotes every six months because insurance rates are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you found the lowest premium rates on Acura ZDX insurance in San Jose a few years ago there may be better deals available now. Don’t believe everything you read about ZDX insurance on the internet, but I’m going to show you some good information on how to stop overpaying for insurance in San Jose.
If you’re already insured or need new coverage, you can use this information to reduce the price you pay without having to cut coverage. These techniques will tell you how to compare rates easily and some tips to save money. Drivers just need to understand the most efficient way to buy car insurance online.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Acura ZDX insurance in San Jose
Companies don’t always advertise all their discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of a few of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy San Jose auto insurance online.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
- Renewal Discounts – Some auto insurance companies provide a discount for signing up prior to your current ZDX insurance policy expiration. You could save around 10% when you buy San Jose auto insurance online.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Claim-Free Discount – Claim-free drivers are rewarded with significantly better rates on San Jose auto insurance quote in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow their auto insurance company to scrutinize vehicle usage by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as State Farm’s In-Drive may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
A quick disclaimer, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Acura ZDX insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-car, homeowner, marriage, multi-policy, and claim-free discounts applied.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for business and professional, electronic funds transfer, distant student, youthful driver, and early shopping.
- State Farm discounts include good student, multiple policy, multiple autos, accident-free, driver’s education, and safe vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include exclusive group savings, hybrid vehicle, multi-car, good student, new move discount, and multi-policy.
- MetLife has discounts for claim-free, defensive driver, good driver, multi-policy, accident-free, and good student.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, good student, homeowner, online signing, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company which discounts you qualify for. Some credits might not be offered on policies in San Jose. To find providers who offer free Acura ZDX insurance quotes in San Jose, click here.
Affordable San Jose Acura ZDX insurance quotes online
The providers in the list below provide price comparisons in California. If the list has multiple companies, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the lowest price.
Coverage statistics and figures
The rate information shown next covers different insurance policy prices for Acura ZDX models. Learning as much as possible about how insurance rates are established can be valuable when making smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|ZDX Technology Package AWD||$600||$932||$578||$34||$174||$2,318||$193|
|ZDX Advance Package AWD||$600||$1054||$578||$34||$174||$2,440||$203|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in specific garaging location which can change coverage rates noticeably.
Impact of speeding/accidents on car insurance rates
The example below illustrates how violations and fender-benders can impact Acura ZDX insurance costs for different age categories. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The information below shows the difference between Acura ZDX insurance rates with and without full coverage. The data assumes no claims or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to drop full coverage
There is no exact formula of when to phase out physical damage coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Acura ZDX replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $700 a year to have full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some conditions where only buying liability is not a good plan. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
San Jose Insurance Rates are Influenced by These Factors
Many different elements are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, although others are more obscure like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are. One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that are used to determine the price you pay for insurance. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that may result in lower rates.
The following are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
- An active insurance claims history can cost you more – If you are a frequent claim filer, don’t be surprised to see either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Companies in California give cheaper rates to insureds who do not file claims often. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
- Commute or pleasure use – The higher the miles on your Acura every year the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies apply a rate determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage can be on a lower rate level compared to those used for work or business. Improper usage on your ZDX may be costing you higher rates. Verify your vehicle rating is showing the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money.
With age comes responsibility – Older, more experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit. Drivers with little experience have a tendency to get distracted easily in a vehicle so they pay higher insurance rates.
The chart below uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Drive a fast vehicle and pay more – The performance of the car you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in your car insurance bill. Small economy passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
The following chart uses these assumptions: married female driver age 40, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Acura ZDX car insurance rates compared to other makes and models that have a range of performance risks.
- Always have insurance – Going without insurance is a fast way to increase your renewal premiums. In addition to paying higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you fines and jail time.
Buying insurance from San Jose insurance agents
Some people still prefer to go talk to an agent and we recommend doing that Agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your information is submitted to agents in your area that can provide free San Jose auto insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to search for an agent because prices are sent immediately to you. If you need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you can always find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in San Jose?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
If you need to find a reliable insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents to choose from. Insurance agencies in San Jose are categorized either exclusive or independent. Both types of agents can sell affordable insurance policies, but it’s worth learning the subtle differences since it can affect your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so you might not find the best rates. They are usually well trained on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers sometimes use the same agent primarily because of the brand legacy rather than having low rates.
Below are exclusive agents in San Jose that are able to give price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance – Anh Vu
3005 Silver Creek Rd #110 – San Jose, CA 95121 – (408) 270-3978 – View Map
- Dennis Stroup – State Farm Insurance Agent
6455 Almaden Expy Ste 103 – San Jose, CA 95120 – (408) 268-7800 – View Map
- Thachvu Ho – State Farm Insurance Agent
1025 Lincoln Ave – San Jose, CA 95125 – (408) 267-4100 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies and find the cheapest rate. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies which requires no work on your part. If you need lower rates, you need to compare quotes from a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most independent agents also contract with smaller companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below are San Jose independent agents willing to provide price quote information.
- All Coverage Insurance Agency
3033 Moorpark Ave #27 – San Jose, CA 95128 – (408) 244-9100 – View Map
- Lords Insurance Agency Inc
2239 Moorpark Ave #100 – San Jose, CA 95128 – (408) 289-5445 – View Map
- HealthMarkets Insurance Agency
543 W Capitol Expy – San Jose, CA 95136 – (408) 441-7777 – View Map
If you receive positive feedback to any questions you have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that meets the requirements to insure your vehicles.
Choosing ZDX insurance is an important decision
Even though San Jose ZDX insurance rates can get expensive, paying for insurance is mandatory in California but it also protects more than you think.
First, the majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your ZDX has a lienholder, almost every bank will require you to have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Acura at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects both your Acura ZDX and your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Acura as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your ZDX outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays as much as $810 a year so compare rate quotes every year to save money.
Quote more to save more
You just learned some good ideas how to shop for Acura ZDX insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to regret they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
Cheaper insurance in San Jose is available on the web and also from your neighborhood San Jose agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and these smaller companies sell through independent agencies.
Steps to saving money on Acura ZDX insurance in San Jose
The easiest way to get discount Acura ZDX insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurers who sell insurance in San Jose.
- Get a basic knowledge of the coverage provided by your policy and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from many different companies. View insurance agents
- Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
An important part of this process is that you use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to look at as many different companies as possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Jose Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)