Anyone knows that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. People who shop for lower prices are very likely to switch to a new company because of the good chance of finding a lower-priced company. A recent survey revealed that people who shopped around annually saved as much as $860 a year compared to drivers who don't regularly compare prices.
If finding discount rates on car insurance in San Jose is why you're reading this, learning how to find and compare coverages can save time and make the process easier.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get budget Acura RL insurance in San Jose is to regularly compare price quotes from companies in California. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- First, take a little time to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that cause rate increases like traffic citations and bad credit can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Keep reading for instructions to get low prices and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Second, request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application for your new coverage. Make sure you place the new certificate of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you enter similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many carriers as you can. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to save money using these methods. This information will familiarize you with how car insurance companies work and some tips to save money. But California consumers must learn how companies determine what you pay because it can help you find the best coverage.
San Jose insurance discounts
Insurance can be pricey, but you may qualify for discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but some discounts are required to be inquired about before you get the savings. If you check and find you aren't receiving every discount you qualify for, you're paying more than you need to.
- Safety Course Discount - Taking part in a driver safety course is a good idea and can lower rates and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Driver's Education for Students - Have your child participate in a local driver's education class if offered at their school.
- Own a Home and Save - Just being a homeowner can help you save on insurance since home ownership requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Multiple Cars - Drivers who insure multiple vehicles with one company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Senior Citizen Rates - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can get lower premium rates.
- Pay Early and Save - If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Theft Deterrent System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give lower rates if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Telematics Data Discounts - People who choose to allow companies to study driving patterns through the use of a telematics system such as State Farm's In-Drive could possibly reduce rates if they show good driving skills.
Discounts lower rates, but some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn't quite work that way. But all discounts will cut the cost of your policy.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Acura RL insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no claims or driving citations, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, marriage, multi-car, and claim-free discounts applied.
A list of insurance companies and their offered discounts include:
- State Farm offers premium reductions for passive restraint, accident-free, safe vehicle, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and good student.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online quote discount, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and good student.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, accident-free, multi-policy, good student, defensive driver, claim-free
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for safe driver, driver training, youthful driver, good student, and multi-policy.
- GEICO discounts include good student, seat belt use, military active duty, multi-policy, daytime running lights, and driver training.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include bundle discounts, drive less, safe driver, teen safe driver, anti-lock brakes, and anti-theft.
Check with all the companies the best way to save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders everywhere. To see insurance companies with significant discounts in San Jose, click here to view.
When quoting auto insurance, remember that obtaining a wide range of quotes will increase your chances of finding a better price.
The following companies offer price comparisons in California. If the list has multiple companies, it's highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Coverage statistics and figures
The coverage information shown below covers a range of insurance rates for Acura RL models. Having knowledge of how policy rates are figured can be useful when making smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RL 3.7 with Tech Package||$292||$556||$442||$26||$132||$1,448||$121|
|RL 3.7 with Tech/CMBS Package||$292||$556||$442||$26||$132||$1,448||$121|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in specific garaging location which can revise auto insurance rates substantially.
Irresponsible driving raises your rates
The example below illustrates how violations and at-fault collisions increase Acura RL insurance costs for each different age category. The data assumes a married female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Don't assume everyone needs the same car insurance coverage
When quoting and comparing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a perfect coverage plan. Your situation is unique and your car insurance should be unique as well. Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your situation may require specific advice.
- What is glass protection for?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Is my Acura RL covered if I use it for business?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
If you're not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Auto insurance quotes from local neighborhood San Jose car insurance agents
Many drivers prefer to go talk to an agent and that is OK! An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap auto insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in San Jose that provide free San Jose auto insurance quotes for your business. It's much easier because you don't need to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent immediately to you. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right provider should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- What companies can they write with?
If you want to buy auto insurance from a good San Jose insurance agent, it's important to understand the different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agencies in San Jose are either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies work for only one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers frequently choose to use a exclusive agent mostly because of the brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below are exclusive agencies in San Jose willing to provide price quotes.
- Van (Von) Le - State Farm Insurance Agent
301 N Jackson Ave #12 - San Jose, CA 95133 - (408) 259-8826 - View Map
- Debbie Yang - State Farm Insurance Agent
3484 Stevens Creek Blvd Ste A - San Jose, CA 95117 - (408) 261-1623 - View Map
- Lillian Moore - State Farm Insurance Agent
5589 Winfield Blvd #210 - San Jose, CA 95123 - (408) 268-8600 - View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent are not required to write business for one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies and find you the best rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you include price quotes from multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller mutual companies which could offer lower prices.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in San Jose willing to provide rate quotes.
- Gatewood Insurance Agency Inc
1095 Bird Ave #2 - San Jose, CA 95125 - (408) 298-1611 - View Map
- Mission Counties Insurance Agency
1777 Hamilton Ave - San Jose, CA 95125 - (408) 979-8160 - View Map
- Harrington Insurance Agency
6920 Santa Teresa Blvd #101 - San Jose, CA 95119 - (408) 754-9000 - View Map
Smart consumers save more
You just read a lot of techniques to reduce Acura RL insurance premium rates online in San Jose. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the best premium rates are with an unexpected company. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
There are still a few companies who may not provide online rate quotes and many times these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies. Budget-friendly car insurance in San Jose is possible both online and also from your neighborhood San Jose agents, so you need to compare both to have the best rate selection.
Additional information is available below:
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Unemployed Drivers in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Safe Drivers in San Jose? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Hybrid Vehicles in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Real Estate Agents in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Jose Car Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Silverado in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)