The recommended way to get affordable auto insurance rates in San Jose is to start comparing rates regularly from providers who sell auto insurance in California.
Step 1: Spend some time learning about coverages and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many factors that drive up the price such as getting speeding tickets and a substandard credit history can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Step 2: Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies. View prices
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save money and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application for your new coverage. Once coverage is bound, store the certificate of insurance with your vehicle's registration.
An important bit of advice to remember is to compare identical limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
It's an obvious statement that insurance companies don't want you to look for cheaper rates. People who compare other prices are highly likely to move their business because of the good chance of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent study showed that people who shopped around annually saved an average of $70 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on Ford F-150 insurance in San Jose is your goal, then having some knowledge of the best way to compare insurance coverage can help make the process easier.
Buying the cheapest auto insurance in San Jose is actually very simple if you learn how to start. If you have a current auto insurance policy, you should be able to lower your rates using the concepts covered in this article. But California vehicle owners must learn how big insurance companies sell insurance online because it varies considerably.
To find the cheapest Ford F-150 rate quotes, there are several ways to obtain and compare prices from companies that offer insurance in California. The easiest way to compare rates is to use the internet to compare rates.
Doing online rates comparisons is so easy that it makes it obsolete to spend time driving to insurance agents' offices. The ability to get quotes online has made agencies unnecessary unless you're the type of person who wants the personal advice of a local San Jose agent. Some companies do allow you to price shop online but have a local agent actually write the policy. When price shopping your coverage, having more price comparisons gives you a better chance of getting a better price.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in California. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Why you need F-150 insurance in California
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in San Jose, paying for car insurance is required for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, almost every bank will require you to buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Ford F-150 and your personal assets. It will also pay for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying more than $825 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to save money.
Analysis of coverages
The coverage table displayed next showcases different rate quotes for Ford F-150 models. Having a good grasp of how auto insurance premiums are figured can help customers make smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$256||$382||$500||$30||$150||$1,318||$110|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$256||$488||$500||$30||$150||$1,424||$119|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$256||$488||$500||$30||$150||$1,424||$119|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$256||$488||$500||$30||$150||$1,424||$119|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$256||$488||$500||$30||$150||$1,424||$119|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$294||$488||$500||$30||$150||$1,462||$122|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$294||$488||$500||$30||$150||$1,462||$122|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$294||$488||$500||$30||$150||$1,462||$122|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$294||$488||$500||$30||$150||$1,462||$122|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$294||$488||$500||$30||$150||$1,462||$122|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$294||$488||$500||$30||$150||$1,462||$122|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$294||$488||$500||$30||$150||$1,462||$122|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$294||$488||$500||$30||$150||$1,462||$122|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$332||$488||$500||$30||$150||$1,500||$125|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$332||$488||$500||$30||$150||$1,500||$125|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$332||$488||$500||$30||$150||$1,500||$125|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$332||$592||$500||$30||$150||$1,604||$134|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$332||$592||$500||$30||$150||$1,604||$134|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$332||$592||$500||$30||$150||$1,604||$134|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$332||$592||$500||$30||$150||$1,604||$134|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$332||$592||$500||$30||$150||$1,604||$134|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$332||$592||$500||$30||$150||$1,604||$134|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$332||$592||$500||$30||$150||$1,604||$134|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$332||$592||$500||$30||$150||$1,604||$134|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$332||$592||$500||$30||$150||$1,604||$134|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$332||$698||$500||$30||$150||$1,710||$143|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$332||$698||$500||$30||$150||$1,710||$143|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$332||$698||$500||$30||$150||$1,710||$143|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$370||$698||$500||$30||$150||$1,748||$146|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$370||$698||$500||$30||$150||$1,748||$146|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$370||$698||$500||$30||$150||$1,748||$146|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can increase or decrease premium rates considerably.
The diagram below illustrates how your deductible choice and can influence Ford F-150 premium costs for different age categories. The premiums assume a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
Auto insurance premiums based on gender
The example below illustrates the comparison of Ford F-150 insurance prices for male and female drivers. The information is based on no claims or driving citations, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Companies that sell car insurance do not list the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so we researched some of the best known as well as some of the hidden credits available to you.
- Employee of Federal Government - Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% with select insurance companies.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Participating in a course in defensive driving could save 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Senior Citizen Discount - Older drivers are able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Student Driver Training - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll in driver's education if offered at their school.
- Pay Early and Save - If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Accident Free - Good drivers with no accidents get the best auto insurance rates when compared with policyholders that have many claims.
As a sidenote, some credits don't apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn't make money that way. But all discounts will reduce your overall bill.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Ford F-150 car insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no claims or driving citations, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, homeowner, marriage, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Some of the insurance companies that may have many of the previously listed discounts include:
It's a good idea to ask each company to give you their best rates. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in your area.
Local neighborhood San Jose car insurance agents
A small number of people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the benefits of comparing insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
Upon completion of this quick form, your insurance data is sent to participating agents in San Jose that can give you free San Jose auto insurance quotes for your business. You don't have to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. You can find lower rates without a big time investment. If you need to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, you would need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Choosing a insurance company requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. A good agent in San Jose will have answers to these questions.
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Does their agency support local causes in San Jose?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in California?
Shown below are San Jose insurance companies that may be able to provide comparison quotes for Ford F-150 insurance in San Jose.
Upon getting reasonable responses as well as inexpensive Ford F-150 insurance in San Jose quotes, you've probably found a company that can provide insurance coverage.
Insurance agents can help
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing a policy for your vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
If you're not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Get the best coverage at the most affordable price
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, denial of a claim, high prices or even high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn't matter what your reason, switching companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to shop for Ford F-150 insurance online. It's most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive San Jose auto insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest prices come from an unexpected company.
As you prepare to switch companies, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time they didn't purchase enough coverage. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
To learn more, take a look at the articles below:
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit in San Jose? (FAQ)
- How Much is San Jose Car Insurance for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Jose Auto Insurance Quotes for Postal Workers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Jose Auto Insurance for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25 in San Jose? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 60 in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Jose Car Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)