Sadly, a large majority of car insurance policyholders have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. California consumers could save as much as 35% every year just by shopping around, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rate quotes online.
Really, the only way to get cheaper Chevy Malibu insurance in San Jose is to regularly compare quotes from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in California. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how your policy works and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that cause high rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and a substandard credit history can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Later in this article we will cover more details to keep prices down and find discounts that may have been missed.
Step 2: Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for many different companies. Get quotes now
Step 3: Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Step 4: Give notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy and submit payment and a signed application to your new carrier. Once coverage is bound, place your new proof of insurance paperwork somewhere easily accessible.
One thing to remember is that you'll want to make sure you compare identical limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get prices from as many companies as feasibly possible. This enables a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
Many insurance companies make it easy to get coverage prices directly from their websites. Doing online price comparisons for Chevy Malibu insurance in San Jose is pretty easy as you just type in the amount of coverage you want into a form. Behind the scenes, the company's rating system requests your driving and credit reports and generates pricing information determined by many factors. This streamlines rate comparisons, and it's also necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you want to get the most affordable premium possible.
If you want to find out how much you can save on auto insurance, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended that you enter the coverage information just like they are on your policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you are getting a rate comparison for the exact same coverage.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide price quotes in San Jose, CA. If multiple companies are shown, it's a good idea that you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Earn discounts to get lower-cost San Jose auto insurance quotes
Companies offering auto insurance do not list every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has some of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving when you buy San Jose car insurance online.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Keeping the miles down on your Chevy can earn cheaper prices.
- E-sign - A few larger online companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy online.
- Driver Safety - Participating in a course teaching driver safety skills is a good idea and can lower rates and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you combine your home and auto policies with one company you will save up to 20% off your total Malibu insurance premium.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Smart Student Discounts - Excelling in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- New Car Discount - Buying a new car instead of a used Malibu can save you some money since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Multi-car Discount - Having several vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Federal Employees - Federal government employees could cut as much as 10% off with a few auto insurance companies.
- Active Service Discounts - Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
One thing to note about discounts is that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
The information below compares Chevy Malibu yearly insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The prices are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, marriage, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- Progressive discounts include homeowner, good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for switch companies, good student, multi-car, teen driver, early shopping, alternative fuel, and electronic funds transfer.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for renewal discount, 55 and retired, safe driver, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, multi-policy, and driver training.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for good driver, driver's education, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, anti-theft, and passive restraint.
- GEICO has discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO may include discounts for teen safe driver, anti-theft, safe driver, multi-car, teen safety rewards, and drive less.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for multi-policy, multi-car, new vehicle discount, new move discount, hybrid vehicle, preferred payment discount, and safety features.
Check with every company how you can save money. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders everywhere. If you would like to see a list of companies who offer cheap Chevy Malibu insurance quotes in California, click this link.
Rates and information analytics
The coverage table below highlights detailed analysis of insurance prices for Chevy Malibu models. Learning how policy rates are formulated can help you make informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in specific location information which can lower or raise price quotes substantially.
The diagram below shows how choosing a deductible and can influence Chevy Malibu insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The rates are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.